Our Baseline Assessment
Why do an Assessment
Because we're not just interested in the symptoms. i.e. the inability to read, spell, handle math, etc. you should already know what they struggle. (But we will assess they area also)
What we are truly interested in, is helping you understand why your bright child cannot perform in certain areas after adequate instruction and practice.
The Baseline Assessment is designed to search out and quantify any underlying symptoms. (Check out the list below)
Whether or not, your child has been diagnosed ADHD with a learning or behavioral issue, we can help.
The Assessment allows us to determine strengths and weaknesses then setup a affordable plan working together one-on-one with you and your child to overcome their ADHD symptoms goal be to reach their full potential in life.
10 Automatic Processes Critical to Learning
The Baseline Assessment focuses on 10 Automatic Processes Critical to Learning. When one or more of these processes is not functioning correctly. Some of the symptoms list below might be showing up and affecting your child ability to learn.
1. Focus: Difficulty staying on task, poor eye control, poor handwriting.
2. Cross Pattern: Poor comprehension and/or decoding skills, difficulty remembering concepts from day to day.
3. Motor Match: Lack of fluency in physical and mental activities.
4. Mental Picture/Visual Memory: Poor spelling, decoding, comprehension, poor visual memory.
5. Tracking: Difficulty with fluency, skipping words or lines.
6. Figure Ground: Easily distracted, responds to all stimuli within the surrounding environment.
7. Directional Discrimination: Letter or word reversals, problems identifying left and right, difficulty with a sequence of instructions.
8. Position in Space: Difficulty with coordination and social skills; easily lost or disoriented in unfamiliar settings.
9. Size: Poor sense of timing; difficulty with the time component of task management; misinterpretation of the importance of situations ( can under react or over react).
10. Shape: Low comprehension, difficulty understanding math concepts.
I'm sure you know that:
• One in five children struggle with learning in a traditional setting.
• One in ten children children have some form of ADHD symptoms.
• Also one in five children have coexisting symptoms - Dyslexia, OCD, ODD.